Electrical Assembly Technician
At ADB Safegate, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success.
We are currently hiring an Electrical Assembly Technician.
Earn up to $18/hour.
As the Electrical Assembly Technician you will be primarily responsible for assembling or modifying electrical or electronic equipment such as airfield lights and signs.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of reading blueprints, electrical schematics, basic math, use of basic hand tools, measuring devices and sizing methods.
• Good electrical/mechanical aptitude.
• Familiarity with PLC’s and electrical test equipment.
• Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, or bolts.
• Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
• Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
• Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
• Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
• Position, align, or adjust work pieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
• Pack finished assemblies for shipment and prepare them for transport to storage areas.
• Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
• Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
• Distribute materials, supplies, or subassemblies to work areas.
• Ability to work independently and be detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain positive behaviors and flexibility to work in other areas as workload requires.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide (basic math skills).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure.
• Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Good written and communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADB Safegate is a leading provider of integrated solutions that boost efficiency, improve safety, raise environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines. These solutions tackle every aspect of air traffic handling and guidance, from approach, to runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems, to intelligent gate and docking automation. More than 2000 airports in 175 countries have chosen ADB Safegate as their preferred partner for airport operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.