Senior Electrical Engineer - Product Development Group
At ADB SAFEGATE, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
As the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the creation, development, industrialization, verification and validation of electronics and electrical systems for airfield lighting products within the Product Development Group.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering developing products in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven design experience with AC-DC Converter/Inverters.
• Proven design experience with high power electronics.
• Proven experience with ECAD tools for schematic capture and board layout, Altium experience is preferred.
• Proven experience with Low Power Microcontrollers, including Atmel, PIC, and ST Micro.
• Some experience with EMI/EMC design principles.
• Experience with Phase-Gate project management techniques.
• Experience programming Microcontrollers using C/C++
• Thorough grasp of electrical design principles and exposure to industrial/military components.
• Knowledge of revision control systems and practices.
• Familiarity with communication protocols such as CanBus, SPI, I2C, RS232/485, and Ethernet.
• Working knowledge of commercial and FAA standards such as UL, CE, IEC, Series 150 Advisory Circulars.
• Design and develop power supply system and electronic systems for airfield products.
• Design and develop these systems while working closely with firmware developers.
• Create, prepare, and modify Engineering CAD Drawings, including PCB drawings and wiring diagrams for new product development.
• Create Part Numbers, BOM's (Build of Materials) and
Production/Vendor Test Specifications for new product releases.
• Coordinate design reviews with the team and other project stakeholders.
• Be part of a cross functional development team that includes groups such as Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Service.
• Be part of a global integrated team of developers with the ability to communicate across multi-cultural boundaries.
• Utilize project lessons learned and field service experience in new product development processes.
• Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate Engineering results to the other project stakeholders in the company. May need to present or demonstrate testing methods to others.
• Occasional (>5%) field troubleshooting or data collection, both in the US and Internationally.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office productivity suite.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Possess the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
ADB Safegate is a leading provider of integrated solutions that boost efficiency, improve safety, raise environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs forairports and airlines. These solutions tackle every aspect of air traffic handling and guidance, from approach, to runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic
control systems, to intelligent gate and docking automation. More than 2000 airports in 175 countries have chosen ADB Safegate as their preferred partner for airport operations.
ADB Safegate is a drug-free workplace and as such participates in random drug screenings as state or local law permits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.